General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 08-28-2015, 10:28 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Diagnostics
Print Wikipost

2007 Toyota Camry Dashboard is melting under Florida heat??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Default Please

Originally Posted by 453126437
Your issue intrigued me so I did a search of TN and didn't find any relevant threads, but FWIW I did find this thread on a Lexus forum where members describe the same issue you're describing.
Search again, you are not searching in the right locations, there are thousand and thousand of toyota (Camry) owners experiencing the same problem.
We all should get together and hire a lawyer to open a legal case against toyota for using such a bizarre product to increase their profit, end result, we are suffering because the re-sale value will not be the same.
Regards

Old 05-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Default Toyota Camry 2007

Hogman91,
Thank you, GOD bless you, GREAT NEWS.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:37 PM

OK folks...I'm back and here's the latest. Toyota has been dragging their feet with me and I haven't heard from anyone since May 27th and that was when the Customer Relations Manager at the dealership called me to say that Toyota has officially issued me a reference #, which I already knew. The funny thing is that he actually said that Toyota is familiar with the "oil seeping in the dashboard" issue but they don't know what they're going to do. I sent an email to the Service manager to see if he any updates and he never responded. So I called the attorney that I had discussed the issue with before. I mailed them my original and extended warranty information on Friday so they should have received it yesterday. Luckily I've been a PrePaid Legal client for years so it's not costing me anything. I also gave them the link to this forum and Linda's Youtube link. I want them to understand that I'm not the only person having this problem. I own a '96 LE and the '07 XLE and this has really put a bad taste in my mouth about Toyota. I can't even clean the dashboard and a few bugs and other crap are sticking to it! Hopefully I will get updated on this matter by the end of the week and I will post and let you guys know what's going on. I work in the sports television industry and I've been thinking that maybe I should go to the news media with one. Anyway, I'll wait to hear from my attorney and go from there.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 PM

I mentioned Linda but I actually meant Diana. Sorry for the mixup, Diana. I'm writing and I'm pretty upset over this whole mess (literally)!!!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Well, here's the latest. My attorney explained to me that it would be an uphill battle fighting over this dashboard due to the original manufacturers warranty. Toyota has an advantage due to our vehicles being '07 models. He said the approach to take would be a customer service approach but obviously that's not going to work. I couldn't the Service manager or the Customer Relations to return emails or call. I spoke to Toyota again and asked them what the bottom line was. A representative told me that Toyota's stance is the original warranty and since that's expired and there's no recall or programs, we're SOL. I am going to send them a letter to express my disappointment and this '07 XLE will more than likely be the last Toyota I ever own.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Default Sticky dash 2007 Camry

Our Camry was bought at the same & place time as my brother and fathers. All three are 2007 grey Toyota Camrys brand new. Ours is the only one with a stick dash. My finger nails have accidentally sunk into the dash while driving. We had a piece of paper laying on the dash. When we went to pick it up a few days later it had stuck to out sticky dash like a sticker. Parts of it stayed on the dash. When my husband went to carefully pull it off it tore a small gouge in our dash. Has anyone found any answers to this issue?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:13 PM

tkk05,
Is your Camry an XLE model? Your car is doing exactly the same thing that mine and some others are doing. I spoke with a friend of mine and he has convinced me to file a complaint with the Better Business Beareau and to send them this link to show that I'm not the only person having this problem.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Default re hogman

My camry is a LE. I have contacted toyota customer service and sent them a link to this to show them others have this problem. I didn't think about the BBB. I will do that this afternoon. Has anyone found a solution or something to help?

Old 08-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Default sticky dashboard

StickyNoMore: Fixing sticky dashboard/ melting dashboard. Easy and safe way - YouTube
check this out on youtude, the sticky residues can be easily removed within mins without damaging the original surfaces.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Default Sticky-no-more

Where to buy the product ?, can't find it on-line.
Thanks

Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota Camry Dashboard is melting under Florida heat??